Monday, April 30, 2012

Z is for Zelda

A to Z Blogging Challenge

Z is for Zelda



The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past
How many of you played this game growing up?? This was one of THE games to own on Super Nintendo. My brothers spent many hours playing. Which meant I spent many hours WATCHING them play. ;) I found that you could buy Zelda on the Wii! We bought it and I've had fun showing my boys how to play this old game. I love RPGs like Zelda. The adventure, the storyline, everything is so much fun. When we went to the Renaissance Faire this week, I made the boys jerkins/vests that look like Link's. :) They were super excited to wear them. Especially after we bought a sword on our way out. Boys and swords. Not much changes, does it?

What "old school" games do you still enjoy? What games did you spend your time playing when you were younger? (I know my husband spent many quarters in the arcade on Gallaga!)

2 comments:

  1. My kids are complete Zelda afficianados. Even though they're grown, they still get excited with new releases in the series. I was a Frogger and Space Invaders girl myself. I think I just dated myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a die-hard Zelda player as a kid and I still have a fondness for it. I am afraid there are few old-school games that I return to. Lately, I have been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic ... but I will always remember Zelda fondly.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)