Monday, April 23, 2012

T is for Tea

A to Z Reading Challenge

T is for Tea



I love to write with a cup of hot tea next to me. My hands are often cold and wrapping my hands around the mug warms them up instantly! I have several ginormous tea cups that I use for this purpose (to avoid getting up and down often). What kinds of tea do I like? Earl Grey is a favorite as well as English Breakfast for caffeinated teas. Chamomile and "Tension Tamer" are great non-caffeinated teas for times of stress. Or when I've already had more-than-enough caffeine! ;)

There is a little tea shop/restaurant near my house that I've been to with my mom and sisters and my M-I-L and S-I-L. Cute little sandwiches, yummy scones, and, of course, individual pots of tea. Yay for tea parties! :)

When my husband and I went to Canada (Vancouver Island), we had tea at the Empress Hotel. Very posh! Everything that I thought it would be, it was! I totally loved being there. (See above pic)

7 comments:

  1. me too! I can't write without my hot tea. :)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of tea. I drink it when I come across it, but it's not always necessary. My weakness while writing is candy! Yours is a lot more healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll drink to that! A spot of mandarin flavored green tea please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *My favs are the fruity iced teas - peach, raspberry, etc. I'm not a big fan of hot tea, though I like to sip peppermint tea when not feeling well.
    New follower - nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love High Tea at the Empress. It's a wonderful treat, but because I'm a Yank, I usually hang out at coffee shops. Drinking tea has to be done with my English friends when I'm visiting them, and I guess that's because I make a terrible cuppa. Theirs is always so delicious--any type of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter has gotten seriously into tea lately. She brews it from leaves and it's heaven. There's a berry chai that I dream about.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)