Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for Books

A to Z Blogging Challenge

B is for Books



Oh, books. How do I love thee? Let me count the pages...

I've loved books since I was little. I remember going to the library as a very small child and picking out books to take home. I absolutely loved to read. I read all of the time. That hasn't stopped as I've gotten older. Many of the books I read when I was little are still favorites that are on my bookshelf.

I read all sorts of books. Throw a genre at me and I'll rattle off a list of books I've read. My dad would listen to Tom Clancy books on tape when I was little. Consequently, I love Tom Clancy. We own most of his novels. I love the suspense, the intrigue, the elaborate plot building, the adventure. That (I think) shows up in my writing. Another "non-girly" book series I read is the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler. I know, I'm not like most girls!! :)  And that's okay. I like to read books that my husband enjoys as well. We read many of the same books and talk about them ad nauseum.

I read lots of contemporary YA books as well. Most are from recommendations from friends and book bloggers. If there was a fire in my house, I'd be SO SO sad because I'd lose hundreds of books.

I love books! :)

Next up: "C is for..."

9 comments:

  1. I too love, love, love books...Those trips to the library always found me with 4 to 6 little treasures to take home. In the last two years I have leaned more on my electronic books so I can move about more easily. However, the smell of a bookstore or thrift store reminds me of childhood and I wallow in it often. Thank you for sharing. Visiting form the A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was hard thinning down my books last time I moved... but if I lost the rest in a fire I'd be really distraught! Let's cross our fingers for no fires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Melissa,

    What a beautiful site. I love your photos! They're gorgeous.

    As a children's writer myself, I love, love, love books! My house is overflowing with books. I give away books all the time. But then I just buy or write MORE. Go figure...

    Happy writing!

    Suzanne Lieurance
    http://www.suzannelieurance.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books. I love to hold them and smell them and love to read them. No ebooks or digital books for me. I blog for books but I won't blog an ebook. Great post!

    Gregg Metcalf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote about books as well. I had a love affair with them since i was about 7 years old, and can not imagine life without them. It's the simple pleasures for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books too! They appeal to all of the senses. Books smell so good too, especially the old ones from a second-hand store that have that antique smell. I can't wait until the summer when I will finally have the time to read more. :)

    Good luck with the rest of your A to Z Challenge posts!

    Sarah @ The Writer's Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Melissa,

    What a wonderful post! I am also a fan of all kinds of books. I found you on the A to Z Challenge, and I will definitely be back to read more of your lovely writing!! Keep up the great work.

    Stop over at my site too if you get a chance. :) I write humor stuff (or sometimes serious stuff that people laugh at? Does that make it humor then?).

    Best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love books, too. I wonder about houses in the future . . . will there no longer be any bookshelves with all those e-books? That makes me a little sad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Books...my favorite thing...or one of, anyway ;o)

    LOVE your bookshelf! I recognize several on there that are one mine, btw! :oD

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)