Monday, February 4, 2013

Editing...in gifs

I'm editing Book 3 right now. It's hard, guys. I wrote this book completely differently than Books 1&2 in that I used a storyboarding technique for the outline. Which was super cool for writing the first draft. But then...I needed to edit it to add more details and feelings and thoughts. These are the things that storyboarding is not good for.

Here's how it goes:

Writing 1st draft



Re-reading 1st draft



Sending it to my editor (who is awesome!)



Getting back editing notes




First round of edits



But then...second round of edits




Continuing on edits...not knowing the right words to add




Questioning stage: Why did I even think I could be a writer? *cue freak out*



Husband looking at me, trying to understand





Me, explaining myself


And he's like:


But then I get more coffee



And eat cupcakes


And remember to breathe.


I then start editing again.





6 comments:

  1. Good. Glad you're editing some more. Because, totally selfish of me I know, but I neeeeed more story ;o) <3 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog post is amazing. Ahh, I know how hard editing can be, but I also know this book is going to be pretty darn amazing when it's finished! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz Lemon, Aragorn, AND peanut butter cup cupcakes - does life get any better? I'm morphing into a story border. Love seeing the shape of the whole story in colors etc. on my giant white board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gifs win at expressing feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was awesome and fun ;-) I wish you all the luck in the world with that editing, and a pat on the back to your understanding husband.
    Kisses from Spain.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)