Friday, August 12, 2011

Photo Friday {Aug 12}

Greetings from Las Vegas!

My husband, kids and I drove out to Las Vegas Wednesday night, stayed at the kid-friendly Circus Circus Hotel, visited my grandpa (who lives in Vegas), and then drove home today. (My grandpa is getting older and we wanted the boys to be able to spend some time with him.) It's about a 5 hour drive each way to Vegas and it went by rather quickly. We listened to The Chronicles of Narnia - The Voyage of the Dawn Treader for part of the way, playing trivia games, read books, and colored. I scribbled down a few thoughts about book three in The Tales of Gymandrol, just to get them out my head. I finished reading a book. Started and finished a different book. (I don't get car sick from reading. Yay!)

I took a bunch of short videos while we were driving (having been inspired by Farrah Penn's road trip video) so I spend a short time today transferring all of those to my laptop. And then discovered that the format my cell phone recorded in is 3gp. My movie maker does not do 3gp. SO...I had to get my geek on and search the internet to find out how to convert the files (a lot of files) into wmv or something else that is compatible. I finally did it! (Yay me!) Now I'm looking for music to go with the videos. Should be fun. (Any ideas?)


Some cool pics from L.V.
(It is Photo Friday!)

Apparently I don't get out much. It's the first time I've ever seen one of these...
A curving escalator?! In Caesar's Palace



We took the elevator ride up to the top of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel. Wow. The view was amazing. (See top photo of post.) Definitely worth it. Unless you're afraid of heights. It's 50 stories up. But it is enclosed at the top.

At the top of the Eiffel Tower

Oh, hey, my book is coming out on MONDAY! I should have a little party. Or a big party. Yeah. I'll work on that. Twitter party? Blog party? I should have a book giveaway. Sounds good. More info to follow. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)