Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Getting Ready for BEA

Book Expo America (BEA) is happening in less than a month! *squee*

I've been stalking the lists of exhibitors and authors who will be at BEA. Here's my tentative schedule for the signings and events I'd like to attend. **If you want to meet me at any of them, let me know!!** Or if you know of class/workshop that I should go to, let me know that as well!

Items in bold are "can't miss it!" events for me.



My BEA Sessions


Autographing Session: Messenger, Shannon - Keeper of the Lost Cities
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
10:30 am - 11:00 am
Booth: 8

InBooth Autographing Session: Handler, Daniel [a.k.a. Lemony Snicket] - "Who Could That Be at This Hour?"
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Booth: 3632

Pack The House - How To Host Great Author Events That Get Maximum Turnout!
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
12:30 pm - 1:20 pm
1E11

The Ongoing Evolution of YA Fiction
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Uptown Stage
With YA fiction being one of the bestselling categories in all of book publishing today, this panel will discuss why some YA genres were popular a few years back and why some are hot now--from paranormal romance to dystopian. Additionally, this panel will discuss what the next big thing in YA will be (and why) in the coming years.

Autographing Session: Hale, Shannon - Princess Academy: Palace of Stone
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Booth: 11

The Future Of Children’s Books: Ebooks, Apps And New Models That Will Revolutionize
Lives
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
3:00 pm - 3:50 pm
1E14/1E15

The Apocalypsies: Meet the Authors of 2012's Must-Reads!
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
1E03
Mix and mingle with members of the YA & MG 2012 debut author group The Apocalypsies. Come learn about our books and us – and get swag, prizes, cookies and more. Authors include: Lizzie K. Foley, Zoraida Cordova, Sarvenaz Tash, Lenore Appelhans, Emily M. Danforth, Tamara Ireland Stone, Gretchen McNeil, Claire Legrand, Sarah Tregay, Hilary Weisman Graham, Tiffany Schmidt, K.M. Walton, Suzanne Lazear, Gina Damico, Shannon Messenger, Sarah J. Maas, Fiona Paul, AC Gaughen, Jess Rothenberg, Lauren Morrill and YA Buzz Panel Honorees Gennifer Albin and Kat Zhang.

Children's Book & Author Breakfast
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
8:00 am - 9:30 am
Special Events Hall
Ticket Required. Chris Colfer hosts a panel including John Green, Lois Lowry and Kadir Nelson at the Children's Book & Author Breakfast. (I have a ticket! I made plans with Tirzah to go to the breakfast with me. Is anyone else going?? I have the cheap ticket, up in the bleachers. ;) )

InBooth Autographing Session: Dudley, Angie - Cake Pops
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Booth: 4022

Autographing Session: Green, John - The Fault in our Stars; The Abundance of Katherines pb
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
10:30 am - 11:30 am
Booth: 26

Autographing Session: Pearson, Ridley - Kingdom Keepers V: Shell Game
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Booth: 19

InBooth Autographing Session: Pike, Aprilynne - Destined
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Booth: 3339

InBooth Autographing Session: Roth, Veronica - Insurgent
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Booth: 3339

InBooth Autographing Session: Ray, Rachael - The Book of Burger
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Booth: 3657

Autographing Session: Colfer, Eoin - Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Booth: 19

InBooth Autographing Session: Mull, Brandon - The Candy Shop War: The Arcade
Catastrophe
Thursday, June 7, 2012
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Booth: 3039

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You might be thinking, "Wow. She has some odd picks (as a grown up!) for books and authors that she must see!" Um, yeah. You're right. I love kids' books. I read what my kids read. I read what the kids at church read. I read what my students read. I READ ALL THE THINGS. How can you talk about books and recommend them when you don't read them??? I love the Artemis Fowl series, the Kingdom Keepers series, all of the upper MG/ lower YA books.

So, what else should I do/see? Are you going to be there?

I'm definitely going to see the Empire State Building (Percy Jackson!), Central Park, Times Square, etc. All of those touristy things. 'Cuz I don't know when I'll be in NYC again so I need to do ALL of it! :) :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe that BEA is almost here! Isn't it exciting?!? I've just started going through the schedule and trying to put together a wishlist of who to see and what panels to attend. I tend to write down anything that sounds interesting, then prioritize my must-sees and would-be-nice lists. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)