Friday, December 30, 2011

End of Year Book Survey

This end of the year bookish survey is hosted by The Perpetual Pageturner!



1. Best Book You Read In 2011?

I have several favorites from this year.

YA contemporary- Heist Society, Uncommon Criminals, Only The Good Spy Young
Dystopian- Divergent, The Hunger Games trilogy, Delirium
YA paranormal/supernatural: Unearthly
Adult Fiction: Austenland, Reaching Riverdale
MG/YA Fantasy: Ranger’s Apprentice series
MG/YA Contemporary - The Cupcake Queen


2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Purposely not answering this question out of fear of much anger. ;)

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
I was surprised at how much I liked The Hunger Games trilogy. The premise is SO dark and bleak. But the books. Wow. So, so good.

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
The Hunger Games trilogy, The Cupcake Queen, Heist Society, The Adoration of Jenna Fox, Austenland, Divergent, Wither, Forgive My Fins, The Uglies series.

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
Hunger Games wins again!! J

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?

Scott Westerfeld, Suzanne Collins, Lauren Oliver, Mary Pearson, Veronica Roth

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

Unearthly and Paranormalcy. I don’t usually (as in, ever) read paranormal sorta books. Both of these were good.

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Hunger Games!! Divergent, Wither, Delirium. (This was the year of the dystopian novel for me!)

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Only the Good Spy Young, Heist Society

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
Can I include my own book?? Because I really love the cover. J

11. Most memorable character in 2011?

 Katniss.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?

I can’t really pick one.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
Speak. Oh, man. SUCH a powerful book. I cried.

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
Austenland. How did I not know about this book??

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?

“Seriously, a thirty-something woman shouldn't be daydreaming about a fictional character in a two-hundred-year-old world to the point where it interfered with her very real and much more important life and relationships. Of course she shouldn't. ” —Austenland

“Here’s some advice. Stay alive.” —Hunger Games

“In the clandestine services, nothing ever happens quickly (except when it does). Nothing is ever, ever easy (except when it is). And, most of all, nothing ever goes perfectly according to plan (except in the movies).” —Only The Good Spy Young

16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
Austenland, All of the Gallagher Girls books

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? Be careful of spoilers!
AHHH! The end of Delirium! Catching Fire!


Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011 (optional)


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011?

 I Eat Words (Farrah and Britney!)

2. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

YA Day at the RT in Los Angeles was really awesome. I met Ally Carter!

3. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?

 All of the hits I got on my blog from my post about the Taylor Swift concert I went to. Best night ever!

4. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Taylor Swift concert and book reviews (for my book)

5. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Some of the “Photo Friday” posts I did.

6. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Using my husband’s iPad (that he won!) for eBooks. Yay!

7.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I did a Goodreads.com challenge for 100 books. I read at least 124 books this year. J


Looking Ahead...


1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?

A Tale of Two Cities

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?

Gallagher Girls #5, Midnight at Austenland

3. Goals for 2012?

Reading lots of books again.
Writing more books.
Blogging about books more often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)