Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Writing vs. Real Life


My writing life and my real life are at odds right now. I was SO excited about NaNoWriMo and totally slammed out a bunch of words in the first two weeks.

AND THEN....Real Life.

My youngest son's birthday and subsequent birthday party, Cub Scout events, Thanksgiving Feast at my older son's school...Plus all the regular stuff in my life: cooking, cleaning, laundry, picking up after two busy boys. Something has to give. And that "thing" is writing. And you know what? I'm okay with that. Really. Because I need to take care of my family first. I do sometimes feel that I NEED to write or my brain will implode. But then I remember that I need to not over exaggerate. My brain hasn't imploded yet and there have been very stressful times (final exams!) when I was not able to write. But hey! I'm not giving up on NaNoWriMo! Not at all. I'm actually writing tonight with my friend Amanda! (And taking a break to blog about it...) My life has slowed down this week because of Thanksgiving break so I get to have a breather. My word count is at 23,811 right now. (Recommended word count for right now is 36,666.) Not fantastic, I know. BUT it is more than I had when I first started! That's what I have to tell myself in order to keep going. I hope your writing is going well! Or if you're not writing, I hope your reading pile is keeping you busy. :)

Happy reading and writing!

1 comment:

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)