Thursday, June 30, 2011

Playlist for THE SEVENTH BLESSING

At a writing conference I attended, one of the speakers (who is a published author) suggested having a different "writing playlist" for each story that you write. These songs could be ones that inspire you to write or that you have playing while you write.

I loved this suggestion because I love to listen to music to get in a writing zone. I especially love Taylor Swift's music. I bought her first album about the time when I started writing my first book. Her second came out when I was writing my second. And her third came out late last year when I was beginning my third book. I also love to listen to classical music when I write, especially Mozart and Vivaldi. Throw in some Disney musical songs, and I'm set! :)  (My iPod has so many different songs on it but that's a whole 'nother post.)

Playlist for THE SEVENTH BLESSING
"A Place in This World" - Taylor Swift  (very much my theme song for this book)
"Today Was a Fairytale" - Taylor Swift (if they ever make a movie from my       book, I would love for this song to be in it!)             
"The Outside" - Taylor Swift
"Tied Together with a Smile" - Taylor Swift    
"I'm Only Me when I'm with You" - Taylor Swift            
"Invisible" - Taylor Swift
"Piano Concerto No. 21" - Mozart
"Moonlight Sonata" - Mozart (for those angsty scenes)
"A Little Night Music" - Mozart (happy music!)
"Air on G" - Bach (this was also my wedding march-down-the-aisle song)
"Some Hearts" - Carrie Underwood
"Dream Big" - Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band
"So Close" - Jon McLaughlin (from "Enchanted")
"I'll Make a Man Out of You" - Mulan soundtrack (I love singing this song loud!)
"You and Me" - Lifehouse




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)