Monday, April 15, 2013

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

Homemade Treats!
Ice Cream Sandwiches

My boys and I were at the market last week and they asked for ice cream sandwiches. The price of a box of 6 sandwiches was high in my opinion. Lightbulb! I decided to make ice cream sandwiches at home.

Step 1
Mix up chocolate chip cookies. I used a mix because I was going the simple route.





Step 2
Pour cookie mix into pans to form cookie bars (the sandwich portion of the ice cream sandwiches).


Step 3
Bake for approximately 15 minutes (depending on your oven - mine is crazy so it might take you more or less than it did me). Cookie bars should be firm and golden. Soft and gooey is not good for the sandwiches. Allow to cool after baking.


Step 4
While bars are baking, scoop ice cream into Pyrex dish or deep sided cookie pan. Press ice cream down and smooth the top surface of ice cream. Put entire pan back into freezer to get ice cream firm.


Step 5
Cut cookie bars into equal pieces.


Step 6
Cut ice cream into corresponding equal pieces to cookie bars. (I wish we had used more ice cream to make the sandwiches REALLY thick.)  Use a spatula to lift ice cream rectangles onto cookie bars. Add top cookie bar to make an ice cream sandwich. Refreeze if ice cream is starting to melt.




Step 7
Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Good plan and steps. Can yaa pass one thru the moniter ? ;) Hey - howzabout using straight chocolate cookie / breading mix and make the sandwich pieces thinner... ?

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)