Monday, April 22, 2013

Bookish Weekend!

This weekend was filled with activities of the bookish sort!

On Saturday, my family and I headed out to the LA Times Festival of Books on the USC campus. It's a HUGE event! I signed at the Mysterious Galaxy bookstore booth. My kids enjoyed the childrens' stage and authors present. I was able to hang out with my friend Gretchen and meet up with old family friends who brought their girls to the MG booth to meet Ridley Pearson.






With the "Tumbler" (Batmobile)

On Sunday, we went to the Young Authors' Faire after church. The YAF was held at the MainPlace Mall in Santa Ana. It is put on by the OC Dept. of Education. I presented with Sarah Skilton at the YA Author Panel. Sarah is so sweet and fun to hang out with! Her YA contemporary novel is about a girl, Imogen, who is a black belt in Tai Kwon Do. Barnes and Noble hosted us and they have autographed copies of my books and Sarah's books at their location across the street from the MainPlace Mall!

Sarah Skilton, author of BRUISED
Me, talking about writing

Reading from THE SEVENTH BLESSING

Presenting at the YA Author Panel with Sarah Skilton, author of BRUISED

We read excerpts from our books and then we had volunteers from the audience perform in a "Readers' Theatre" from a scene from THE HIDDEN BLESSING. The kids did a wonderful job!




Signing at the Barnes and Noble table in the mall


Representing TLT Publishing!
(Bookmarks for TLT, CONSUMED, DARTBOARD, THE CHOSEN HISTORIAN)

Crowd at the Young Authors' Faire


It was a busy weekend but also filled with fun. Thank you to everyone who came out to these events!





1 comment:

  1. I love your write-up of the Young Authors' Faire. It was a real pleasure spending the afternoon with you! Congrats on your weekend of fun signings.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)