Friday, July 6, 2012

TGIF - Familiar Books


TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads!

This Friday's Question:

Comfort Reads: Which books do you go to for comfort & familiarity?  
Is there a type of book you seek out when you're needing that extra bit of comfort in your life?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I read those books that I've had for a long time: PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen, ANNE OF GREEN GABLES by L.M. Montgomery, anything written by Robin Jones Gunn. All of these books make me feel better. I feel like I've returned to old friends when I re-read these books. <3






What do you read?

7 comments:

  1. Those are fantastic choices for comfort books! Anne of Green Gables didn't make my list, but it's definitely a comfort book for me as well.

    Here's my TGIF post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The World According to Garp is my go-to comfort read. It's reset my pessimism to optimism many a time. Pride and Prejudice is my comfort movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my go-to comfort reads are usually light, fun reads (x
    My TGIF : http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/07/tgif-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Anne of Green Gables, because I always felt like I could relate to Anne. And Pride & Prejudice is SO GOOD. I want to keep reading Austen - and it's all because of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED the Price & Prejudice, I would definitely re-read it, although I usually don't re-read books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES to Anne of Green Gables -- some of my childhood favourites for sure! I also follow Hannah @ So Obsessed With, who is rereading the series this summer =)

    Here's my TGIF post: http://writergrrlreads.blogspot.ca/2012/07/tgif-7-july-6.html

    P.S. New follower -- love your blog! Plus, we share a great name =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello.
    Just stopping by to say hi. Visiting from the Post A-Z Road Trip - I'm on a quest to visit all 1,718 people who took part in the 2012 A-Z Challenge!

    Best wishes & thanks for sharing.

    Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn…

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)