Thursday, March 8, 2012

All These Things I Do: Cake Edition

I've been MIA on my blog lately. Sorry about that! I have a deadline LOOMING over me for Book 3 right now. And last month was crazybusy. February is my son's birthday, my sister's birthday, my birthday, Valentine's Day, several cousins' birthdays...you get the picture. If not, I'll show you some pictures of it all! :)

My oldest son is obsessed with Star Wars. This year's birthday theme was Star Wars. Again. For the third time. I don't have anything against S.W. I never really got into it. But now I have to know EVERYTHING about it. (They don't tell you this in mom class.)

The cake design of choice this year was...a podracer. Yes, from Episode I. Try to find an image on Google with a clear schematic of a podracer. Go ahead. I dare you. It took FOREVER to get something that wasn't pixelated to the point of not being able to read it.

Step One
Make Rice Krispy Treats. Form into a podracer. It's actually quite fun.


Step Two
Place GINORMOUS marshmallows onto pretzel rods. Dip into melting chocolate.
(Stick tiny marshmallows to ends of giant engine. Add the right colors of frosting for podracer. If you have cool edible glitter, add that too.)

Step Three
Make a really big cake. Really, really big. I made a 13x9 and it wasn't big enough. See picture below.
Assemble podracer and engines on cake. Make sure to place the engines going the right direction or your 9 year old will make fun of you. ;)




Then, I made my sister a birthday present:

We celebrated "Read Across America" Day:




I made the blue hair for Thing 1 and Thing 2. That was a fun challenge. And then we made cupcakes for the teachers and staff. Yay for cupcakes! :)

We had our nieces over for a weekend and went to the arboretum for a picnic. Photo shoot, too, of course. ;)







So...yeah. That's what I've been up to. I need to lock myself in the library and just write for hours. That way I'm not distracted by food. And people. And...life. Can that really happen?! I really hope so. Deadline for Book 3: 23 days. *mildly freaking out*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)