Monday, July 25, 2011

Gearing Up for New Stuff!

Happy Monday to y'all! My book is coming out in 21 days! Yay! :)

A lot of people have put time and energy into making this book come out on time. Thanks to my rockin' publisher Randi at TLT Publishing, my fantabulous editor Farrah who made sure everything was correct (and triple checked it, too), and my diligent publicist Caroline who is making contacts for me to set up book signings. I could not do this alone and I'm SO glad to have this team behind me. :)

What's next?

Book signings!
We've been trying to schedule signings at various venues in various cities. (I live in So. California so the signings will be local right now. Unless you want to put me up at your house. And you're not a creeper.) ;)  I'm looking forward to the signings and talking to people about the book.

Writing workshops - We've also been setting up workshops at local schools. I am really excited about this! Talking to kids about writing is going to be cool. I hope. Anyone have any ideas they want to share about workshops? Leave me a message or e-mail me about it.

Book Two - Yes, I've already finished my edits on the second book of the series. I need to do a final read through before I turn it in. It'll be edited and reworked until it's ready for the public eye. Cover art, typesetting, all that good stuff will be applied to it. It'll be out next year. Yay! :)

New blog posts - I always read blog posts from other authors, readers, book bloggers, and various other blogs that interest me. I like that some people have regular posts to look forward to each week. I would like to do something like that. I'm still working on the concept. If you have any ideas, let me know. Want me to answer questions about myself? And writing in general? How I write specifically? What else I do in my life when I'm not writing?

Because I'm a fan of alliteration, I'm leaning toward daily titles like, "Melissa-ish Mondays" "Writing Wednesdays" "Photo Fridays"...that sort of thing. I also like the memes that other bloggers have so I'll do some more of those.

I'll be going on vacation later this week (Beach Camping! In a tent!) so I'll be on a "blogcation" starting Wednesday. Which means I'll have a lot of catching up to do when I get back.

I hope to do some writing in my notebook with my favorite pen while listening to the waves crash on the shore. And my children throw sand at each other. And 30 teenagers run around. :)  (We're youth group leaders at our church and we're taking the teens to the beach for 6 days. Crazy? Quite possibly. But it's fun-crazy. And what's better than the beach??)






I love Southern California!
(My photos)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)