Thursday, January 20, 2011

Writer's Conference

I've decided to go to a writer's conference. It is apparently What Every Author Must Do. Just like that, in capital letters. The next one that will be in So. Cal. is the SCBWI OC Spring Retreat in March. The good thing about it being in Temecula is that it is only about 1.5 hours from my house so I don't need to pay for airfare. Also, my husband and kids are going to come too! Not to the conference, but to the hotel that I'll be staying at. They can go in the pool, hang out, watch movies, etc. while I go chat and learn and schmooze and all those things authors do with editors and other authors. ;-)

The question is...how to pay for it?? Thank you, eBay and craigslist. I'm selling old books and baby gates that are no longer needed. That cash will go toward the conference. Yay!

I sold another four copies of my book. :-)  ♪♫ "It's such a good feeling..." ♪♫  Of course, I'd really like an agent and a publisher to sell MANY more copies of my book. While I'm waiting, I'm writing the third book in the series. I've finally gotten past my writer's block and am starting a very fun scene about an archery tournament. Now I just need to study up on archery...


SCBWI Spring Retreat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)