Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Feeling some Christmas Cheer!

I'm very happy to report that some super cool Janeite friends and I are coming out with a short story collection just in time for the holiday season! We each took a Jane Austen novel, modernized it, shortened it, and added some Christmas cheer to it. :-)



Back story to the short story collection. A family member was in the hospital and I desperately needed some happymaking in my life. I was thinking about what makes me happy. Christmas and writing came together in my mind. I called Jessica Grey and said, "Hey, what do you think about writing a Jane Austen Christmas story together?" That quickly swirled into all the Austen novels and calling up amazing writing friends to add to our Christmas writing fun. All this to say that you never know where inspiration will come from! (And my family member is much better now!)

My book was NORTHANGER ABBEY. My short is called "Mischief and Mistletoe." If you know Catherine Morland, you'll understand the mischief portion. Mistletoe, because, obviously, Christmastime and...it also starts with "M". I'm a big fan of alliteration. Below is one of my favorite quotes from NORTHANGER ABBEY. It helped inspire me to send Cate away from home. I'll write more about that later.



The other authors are:
Jessica Grey - My co-conspirator, YA fairy tale author, and writer-of-other-amazing-books!
Cecilia Gray - YA author of "The Jane Austen Academy" series!
Jennifer Becton - Austenesque author and thriller writer!
Kimberly Truesdale - Austenesque author and fellow English teacher!
Rebecca M. Fleming - One of my first bookish friends on the interwebs! We both share a love of Anne of Green Gables and hobbits. Rebecca is a blogger and a librarian. This is her first published work.

As we get closer to the release date, we'll have fabulous giveaways and fun blog hop things. We're all about the Christmas Cheer!

1 comment:

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)