Friday, October 4, 2013

What's Next?

Hello! I know it's been a while since I last blogged. Life has been busy. That's good. My boys are both in Scouts, I've been subbing, I've been crafting, cleaning the house, organizing closets, working on volunteer things at my boys' school. Y'know. Life.

But! I do have something fun to announce. (Though "announce" seems too fancy a word for this.) My friend Jessica Grey (amazing author!) and I are both Janeites and love Pride and Prejudice to the nth degree. We've decided to attempt a collaboration on writing a newer version of P&P. Scary, right? And amazing! I just started the outline and sent it over to Jess. She'll add her thoughts and then...I don't know! The story has been in my head for so long, it's going to be hard to get it all out on paper (screen) without my mind oozing from the pressure of it finally being relieved. (I talked out the outline to my sister as we were driving up to Big Bear Lake for Labor Day weekend.)


I'm also going to the SCBWI Editor's Day tomorrow at Cal State Fullerton. I hope to see some of you there!

Saturday, October 12 is the Big Orange Book Festival. I'll be speaking at 11:00 a.m. on the Storytime panel. Please come by and see me as well as all of the other authors who'll be there that day. (It's supposed to be super cool!) (The festival runs from Friday night to Sunday.) There's also an app so you can schedule who you want to see that day.

1 comment:

  1. P and P is my FAVE. There can't be enough versions of it out in the universe. Can't wait to read yours.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)