Monday, April 4, 2011

Where've You Been?

I haven't blogged in awhile so you might ask "Where've you been? I thought you were a stay-at-home mom. Don't you stay at home? And write?"  Ha. I wish. Really, I do. If I could turn off the world and stay in my office and write, that would be fantastic. But, alas, the real world calls. What do I do with my time?

-Substitute teaching. I'm a sub and that's part time work that is sporadic. No one really plans to get sick, right?

-Volunteer at my son's school. This includes PTA work, chairing the Carnival committee (biggest fundraiser of the year!), going on field trips, helping at class parties, making craft projects, reading to the class, crossing guard duty after school (are you tired yet??), and...more stuff.

-Volunteer at church. My husband and I are Sunday School teachers in the jr. high class and youth group leaders. I also go to the weekly ladies Bible study and occasionally lead the study.

-Clean my house and other housewifey things. Someone has to do the laundry and sweep and vacuum and all that good stuff.

-Craft projects. I love to sew. And paint. And scrapbook. And stamp. And just make stuff. (Including messes. No, I don't like messes. They happen, though. Blah.)

-Reading and writing. These end up at the end of the list because they aren't *really* necessities. Unless you're me. Then they are necessary. As necessary as breathing. I read everyday. It's a good thing we have a well stocked library because I read several books a week. (Sometimes I do read more than I fold laundry but no one has been without clothes yet. So, I guess that's all good.)

-Cub Scouts. I help out when I can with different outings. We went camping this last weekend. Real camping. Tent camping. No showers or flush toilets camping. Mmmhmm. Oh, I can write about that. Plenty of new material. ;)

I'll put together another post about going to my first writer's conference ever. It was WAY better than I dreamed it would be. More on that later. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)