Friday, December 31, 2010

Books Read in 2010

Ahhh, New Year's Eve. Or, as a friend recently said to me, "Old Year's Eve." I think that's rather appropriate, actually. I've completed my list of books that I've read this year and am quite pleased with it. I'm sure that I've missed a few books that I've read but that's okay. :-)  (I'll keep better track in 2011.)

A recent survey showed that most Americans only read ONE book a year. ONE. I find that rather sad. Books are some of my best friends. (Oh, how sad, those of you who are not readers may say.) When it's a good book filled with great characters, something in you changes. I read an awesome quote the other day.

"A book is a living thing, Willa. It soaks into your mind and heart and shapes how you think and feel. Every book you read becomes a part of you." - Coleen Murtagh Paratore

I think this is absolutely true. That's why it's important to read good books.

So. My list of what I read this year. It's heavily influenced by the fact that I had my last semester of university this spring. (Graduated, too! Yay!) Most of the "classics" on the list were required reading. I enjoyed most of them but a few...well, let's just say that I wouldn't recommend them. (I think on another post I'll put up the "Books Everyone Should Read Before They Die" article that came out and mark the books that I've read. I think that list will influence my reading choices next year.) Let me know what books you've read. :-)

**I might be adding to this list as I remember other books that I've read.**


  1. The Minor Prophets: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi.
  2. Epistles: Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians
  3. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
  4. Lord of the Flies - William Golding
  5. Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
  6. All Quiet on the Western Front - Erich Maria Remarque
  7. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry - Mildred Taylor
  8. The Slave Dancer - Paula Fox
  9. Into the Wild - Jon Krakauer
  10. The Things They Carried - O-Brien
  11. Hard Times - Charles Dickens
  12. Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy
  13. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
  14. Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen
  15. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  16. Gulliver’s Travels - Jonathan Swift
  17. The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
  18. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
  19. Middlemarch - George Eliot
  20. Dragon Kiss - E.D. Baker
  21. The Cupid Connection - Coleen Murtagh Paratore
  22. Willa at Heart - Coleen Murtagh Paratore
  23. The Princess Plot - Kirsten Boie
  24. The Princess Trap - Kirsten Boie
  25. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
  26. The Lost Hero - Rick Riordan
  27. The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  28. Princess Sonora and the Long Sleep - Gail Carson Levine
  29. The Birthday Ball - Lois Lowry
  30. The Thirteenth Princess - Diane Zahler
  31. The White Dragon - Anne McCaffrey
  32. The Masterharper of Pern - Anne McCaffrey
  33. Dragonflight - Anne McCaffrey
  34. Dragonquest - Anne McCaffrey
  35. Dragonsong - Anne McCaffrey
  36. Dragonsinger - Anne McCaffrey
  37. Dragondrums - Anne McCaffrey
  38. All the Weyrs of Pern - Anne McCaffrey
  39. The Fairy’s Return - Gail Carson Levine
  40. The Extra-Ordinary Princess - Carolyn Q. Ebbitt
  41. Wyatt Earp - Stewart Holbrook
  42. Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders -
  43. Half-Moon Investigations - Eoin Colfer
  44. Practicing Hospitality - Patricia A. Ennis, Lisa Tatlock
  45. Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
  46. The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
  47. Coming Attractions - Robin Jones Gunn
  48. Fairest - Gail Carson Levine
  49. The Teaberry Strangler - Laura Childs
  50. Swan for the Money - Donna Andrews
  51. The Atlantis Complex - Eoin Colfer
  52. The Christmas Star - Thomas Kinkade 
  53. Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1 - Jeff Kinney 
  54. Diary of a Wimpy Kid #2 - Jeff Kinney
  55. Diary of a Wimpy Kid #3 - Jeff Kinney
  56. Diary of a Wimpy Kid #4 - Jeff Kinney
  57. Diary of a Wimpy Kid #5 - Jeff Kinney
  58. The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Hello there! Please comment. I do read all comments and they make me happy. :)